Two weeks ago while wasting time on the interwebs I found by accident a couple of OnePlus One invites. To be honest I wasn’t planning on buying a new phone since my previous Nexus 4 is still serving me well but seeing OPO price (299 € for the 64 GB one) and specs I said: well, fuck it. So far I like it very much, the bigger screen makes general usage more enjoyable and battery life is significantly better than Nexus 4, it lasts 2 days without many problems.
Everyone who knows me a little bit knows how much I dislike Google but this time we really should thank them for taking a real step toward a more secure web. They are finally moving away from SHA-1 to the much more secure SHA-2, more info can be found here: http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.it/2014/09/gradually-sunsetting-sha-1.html .:. Setup CentOS 6.5 x86_64 nginx/1.6.1 OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013 Nginx developers provide an up to date repository (http://wiki.
I have this Arch Linux based ODROID-U3 I use as DLNA server, local web server…etc…and also as local DNS caching server. For some strange reason pdnsd doesn’t seem to start correctly on Arch Linux. [root@server ~]# systemctl status pdnsd -l ● pdnsd.service - proxy name server Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/pdnsd.service; enabled) Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2000-01-01 20:02:07 CET; 14 years 7 months ago Process: 182 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pdnsd (code=exited, status=3) Main PID: 182 (code=exited, status=3) Jan 01 20:02:06 server systemd: Starting proxy name server.
So, I have this big ass fancy IPOD Classic, the stock OS is, like most of the apple stuff, dogshit; I installed Rockbox and gave him new life. Yesterday I had some strange errors during theme installation (RockboxUtility on Fedora X86_64), “files extraction failed” or something like this. At first I thought of a corrupted Rockbox installation, after a bit of thinkering I found out the thing was just mounted as read only; tried to mount it manually with the “rw” flag but still a no go.
I will be keeping this post up to date to keep track on how to configure and mantain an ejabberd server working efficiently and secure. I strongly advise any reader to read carefully what is written here and not just copy-and-paste the configuration file. My blog also contains a bunch of other posts regarding ejabberd that are worth giving a look at, use the search form. Server CentOS 7.5.1804 x86_64 Erlang/OTP 21.
This issue seems to affect not only ODROID-U3 but many other devices and seems to be present on multiple OS too (Arch Linux ARM in my case). What happen is that after some hours/days of intense network traffic (e.g. a torrent client installed on the board) the system logs are flooded with errors and a page allocation error occurs which results in a network disconnection. In my case the tool journalctl report a moltitude of “smsc95xx 1-2:1.
I have this small Odroid-U3 board hooked to a 2 TB USB HDD that every once in a while is also used to download torrents. Since quite often I manage it with a device connected to the LAN via wi-fi I am definitely a bit more confortable if the web interface of transmission is encrypted. Like many other times nginx come in our help. – Arch Linux ARM is the OS used –
In the last month or so despite not having much spare time I spent a few hours reading an interesting book: Implementing Samba 4 It actually is more than a simple book, it is a well written step-by-step guide on how to install (on Debian 7, not that it makes much difference, the installation is really similar on CentOS for example), configure, manage and even migrate an existing Active Directory domain controller from Windows Server to GNU/Linux.
Today I installed Linux Mint on an Asus X551CA laptop. Everything was fine except Mint being shit and the damn Elantech touchpad being even worse than Mint. I will never understand why the fuckers at Canonical and whoever is in charge of Mint development are always 6 months late with important updates like new kernels with added hardware support. The damn Elantech touchpad is supported since kernel 3.12., too bad Mint is stuck with 3.
Since fstab (even with “nofail” option enabled) doesn’t seem to behave too good when trying to mount at boot something that isn’t actually plugged in (like an USB HDD) I realized it was a good idea to write a small script to run at startup which will be able to handle the situation a bit better. Arch Linux uses Systemd and even though a rc.local file can be created I decided to take the opportunity to understand a little bit of how it works and write a mount script for it.